Saturday 13 October 2018

In conversation with Dr. Nikita Lalwani


In conversation with Dr. Nikita Lalwani, She talked about her new book “2 Day Down” Which is a compilation of stories of 5 women from different walks of life. Each story digs into one of the five period related problems: Pain/Staining/Sexual Inhibition/PMS/Taboo.



Dr. Nikita Lalwani considers herself to be married to writing, and is very happy in this relationship. She authored her first book Live Life… Stop Analysing it, at the age of 16. Her last book 2 peg kebaad won great appreciation by its readers and critiques. Swimming, spirituality, reading, and movies are other important aspects of her life. Nikita moved to writing blogs soon after completing her college, and currently works as an advertising professional in a reputed ad agency in Mumbai.


Q1. What brought you to the literature world?
          I find myself the most expressive with a pen.

Q2. What is the most unethical practice in the publishing industry?
          Celebrities being able to make it as “great authors” just on the basis of good PR, which affects the visibility of many good books in the market. Also, not all but many literary agents picking up books basis the money the author can put in for marketing and not basis its content. 

Q3. Your favorite author and why?
          I have many – Dan brown, Chitra Banerjee, John Green, etc.
         I like few for the kind of knowledge they have to share, others for their writing style. 

Q4. Describe yourself in one word?
          Nikitastic.

Q5. Do you hide any secrets in your books that only a few readers will find?
        Maybe… In fact, every ending leaves you with enough room for speculation.


Q6. Your views on the #metoo movement?
        I think it’s a great beginning for women. Finally, people have started to talk about their workplace issues so courageously. However, unfortunately, what seems to overpower the strength of the movement are the few who are using the hashtag for mere publicity. Sad!

Q7. What do you like to do when you're not writing?
          Honestly, if I have a choice, I would just sit in my balcony or probably at a sea face with a cup of coffee and enjoy the silence.

Q8. Tell us something about your latest book and why did you choose to write this book?
           I wanted to talk about periods ever since my college days. I was just waiting for the right voice in me to take over. 

Q9. Emotions, sentiments, sensitivity are a part of?
          Any story.  

Q.10. Why did you change your publisher after your last book “2 Peg Ke Baad”?
         I did not have much of a choice. While pitching my work to various publishers, Redgrab Publishers responded and they seem to be very excited about the collaboration. Soon, Anybooks also joined hands. 

Q11. Are you happy with the response you received for “2 Peg Ke Baad”?
        It has been one of the most exciting projects of my life and it surely reflects even with the response of the readers. Although, I believe it could have done even better with better marketing.

Q12. While writing do you think about any targeted audience?
          Not really. I write to write. TG, sales, marketing plan – all of this comes in once the book is ready with me

Q13. From all of your books which book is your favorite one? And why?
           It’s like asking a mom to choose her favourite child.J I can pick my favourite stories though. Naisha – My story of stain (2 day down), Rosita in the bar (2 peg ke baad). 

Q14. What do you love most about the writing process? 
             The moment when you become the character you are writing about. It’s euphoric!

Q15. When you will consider your biggest achievement?
             The day I am able to change even one mind through my writings.

Q16. How did you begin writing? Did you intend to become an author, or do you have
a specific reason or reasons for writing each book?
         I wrote my first book getting inspired from a Disney Movie. All I wanted to do was finish writing the book then. But once done, I realized I can never stop writing books – no matter what.

Q17. Any plans for changing genre for future?
            There is no fix genre that I associate myself with. If I have a story I will tell it. My next book is in romance space.

Q18. What’s more important: characters or plot?
             Depends on what you can develop better. Lol.

Q19. What is the biggest surprise that you experienced after becoming a writer?
             It’s just the beginning. 

Q.20. What do you like most about Mumbai’s lifestyle?
              The work culture. The people. The beaches.

Q21. Your experience with Srishti Publishers and with Redgrab books?
           Both have worked well for my books. Every publisher has different methods and no one is right or wrong. Depends what works best for you at a particular stage. 

Q22. Which place do you love to write? Nature or your room or any place?
            I just need to be alone, be it outside in nature or locked in a room. :D .

Q23. Any suggestion for budding writers?
           Like any other art professions, success in writing comes with a lot of patience and consistency. It’s one of the few fields that require your intellect (mind), emotion (heart) and endurance (physical strength) all at the same time. 

Q24. Any last thoughts for our readers?
             Do not judge a book by its sales number. J



Best wishes for your book Dr. Nikita Lalwani. I wish you a huge success for your book and I hope that it inspires many readers and bookworm.  Looking forward to read such interesting books from you.

                                                             Follow Dr. Nikita Lalwani on
                                                                         
                                                                         Follow me on 
                                                            


                                                                                    Order Her books from Amazon.in
                                                                                             


      




No comments:

Post a Comment

Review - Moustache by S. Hareesh, Translated by Jayasree Kalathil

Titile -   Moustache Author -  S. Hareesh Trasnlator -  Jayasree Kalathil Publisher -  Harpercollins India Pages -  36...